Work hard and enjoy learning with the following:
1. Draw the respiratory system and label the following anatomy trachea, pharynx, larynx, bronchus, bronchial tubes, alveoli sac, lungs, pleura, diaphragm, capillaries.
2. Describe what occurs in the alveoli sacs?
3. What large vessels take blood to the lungs and out of the the lungs?
4. What is another name for throat and voice box?
5. The trachea consists of a lining with ciliated mucous cells and C shaped cartilage. Relate those structures to function.
6. Where is carbon dioxide carried in the blood? Oxygen?
7. Draw vocal cords. Describe how they move. ( you can see them sing in video!)
8. Draw or describe the location of the esophagus relative to the trachea. What is the position of the epiglottis during swallowing and breathing?
9. In lab, you will make a moving model of breathing. Study this process by using your body during inspiration and expiration and the resources on the computer. Draw inspiration indicating diaphragm position (low), rib position (feel them), muscles relaxed/contracted.
Draw expiration indicating diaphragm position (high), rib position (feel them), muscles relaxed/contracted.